Sunday, October 09, 2005


"Who is Jackie Onassis and what club am I a member of??"
Last saturday night me and phillip were enjoying good karma by seeing "In her Shoes" [seriously one of the best movies of have seen in a while...very steel magnolias-esque] even though it was sold out due to a rare good natured ticket booth attendant!! The only downfall is we had to lodge ourselves in between some bonne bell hoarding teenie boppers. Anyway...not to ruin anything, but there is this one scene where the following dialougue is exchanged:
Cameron Diaz: "so do you feel like Jackie Kennedy?"
Old Lady: "No better, Jackie Onassis." (insert audience laughter and tears)
Anyway-at this point the girl next to me was like, "who is jackie onassis?" This is the point where I had a "what the hell?" moment. The bad part was there was no one to tell her because her friend was too busy picking the sour patch kids out of her braces.
A similar "what the hell moment?" was encountered when I was hanging out with my new roomate Kristin the other day. [TANGENT: She is emo, and is teaching me what that means exactly. ex: it is very emo to write on your appendages and take rockstar pics and post them on myspace. Thanks to my awesome new barely legal roomie, the new Deathcab for Cutie cd is in heavy rotation between my Jack Johnson/Guster mix and my Jagged Little Pill cd which I am rediscovering] Anyway, she was wearing a member's only jacket and when I pointed it out, she was like, "a what? I don't know... oh I got it at goodwill." I felt 99 years old suddenly. Thats what I get.
Anyway...I have not been bloggy lately due to my sudden realization that I AM GRADUATING IN A MONTH AND A HALF!!! I lost about 4 nights of sleep last week and thanks to my hormones, cried everyday. I am not like that...I am not a basketcase and I felt like I had stepped outside myself and was looking at someone who I usually try to console. Now I was turning to others for this kind of consolation. It was surreal. For this reason I spent my fall break weekend leaving responsibilities far behind, sleeping, and having several movie marathons...one of which was seeing "In her Shoes" for the second time. This time I sat next to my sister, who of course knew who Jackie O was....she has a poster of her above her couch...she better.

No comments: