Saturday, October 22, 2005

Why does Tanya Tucker have her own show??

So today was homecoming... Me and Ty hit it up in pure style by being fashionably late...its not like i gave a shit who won queen or anything like that. I just wanted to see folks. I felt I should go since I its my last year and I haven't been to a game all year. I know I know...this is why MTSU is gonna lose the sunbelt conference...blah blah blah. But I have never gone to a game that we have won so I figure its in the teams best interest if I don't attend. And shocker...we lost. [TANGENT: I used to have a lot of school spirit in high school, I just think most of the school spirit at MT is set aside for those greek people who live for the football games and such. I mean I might but I get behind things I am passionate about like the art dept, my campaigns project, and the lit mag....does that make me a dork?? ok it does....so be it!!]

anyway...I had to come home and work on my paper on how Meet Me in St. Louis deals with or doesn't deal with WWII... [gotta love film classes!!] Anyway, I got distracted by the Tanya Tucker reality show. OK I GOTTA SPILL SOME BEANS... she is not this awesome single mother that they are trying to paint her as. she acts as though she could get a nobel prize [or its parenting equivalent] because she didn't send her kids to boarding school. Tanya's mother used to leave 2 blocks away from me and I used to trick or treat at her house and see the kids playing around there all the time. Her kids were always there with the grandma. The word around Brenthaven was that she was pretty much out of the picture and the grandma was raising the kids. I mean this could be hearsay, but that still doesn't explain why she has a reality show. hell I should have a show. My life is way more interesting than this garbage. I just like it because I am a damn voyeur and it takes place in Nashville. God forbid they make a Real World Nashville so for now this will have to suffice.

No comments: