Thursday, March 09, 2006


High Maintenance?

Tuesday, I was at a crossroads. I got a call from a friend telling me about a great job that she knew about. It paid more per hour than my job, the hours are less erratic, and it sounds a lot better on paper. The problem was that its a lot less hours and it seems like something I may be bad at it, because it revolved around cold calling companies and asking for donations. This is from the girl that until about a year ago wouldn't order a pizza unless she was alone and had no other option. [TANGENT: this is because when I was 8, I begged my dad to let me order pizza and somewhere in the wicked game of telephone I played with the Papa John's man, I ordered 4 pizzas instead of 2. Since then, I swore off calling strangers.] This decision was made even harder by the fact that I had an awesome day at the store on Tuesday. I trained some new girls and met every segment! I know this other job is temporary too, and I am just afraid to bounce from temporary position to temporary position. I am also trying to manage 3 side projects at the moment, which I am super excited about. I just can't decide...so I guess I will wait and find out more before I jump to hasty conclusions and fall into the self doubt arena!

Anyways to free my mind and treat myself, Courtney and I went to pop my pedicure cherry and get our toes done. I loved it! I have never been one to get manicures/ pedicures/ or really even haircuts at places that don't put coupons in the CLipper magazine...so this was a big step for Kimmie. I always feel like I am kind of go with the flow kinda gal. I don't routinely spend more than $25 on anything vain for myself, I don't use hair products, and I have never seen the inside of a tanning bed. But because I have been working my ass off lately and feeling slightly stressed I needed it.

I have only really been to nail places like 3 times so I was slightly apprehensive, but the adorable little Vietnamese ladies [I LOVE ASIAN PEOPLE!] put my at ease. [TANGENT: Two of them were pregnant so I worried about the fumes bothering the fetuses. I may not be a doctor, per say, but on Trading Spaces, they won't let a pregnant lady sit in the room while it is getting painted....so nail fumes, paint fumes....roughly the same thing!] They didn't really talk to me so much, they just talked to Courtney (out of fear that I was retarded) so I kind of dozed while the french manicured my toes. [TANGENT: I also said I would never rock the french manicure on the toes...out of fear that it just made you look like you had long ass toe nails, but apparently my level of conviction that I am so damn proud of is diminishing in my old age!]

Apparently as I become more high maintanance in my appearance [I MEAN I AM SURROUNED BY MAKEUP ALL DAY!] I become more finicky in my job search job search. I feel like I am being unreasonable and searching for this position that isn't there. I never thought I would say this but, I think I just need to get over myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way that you get off on all kinds of tangents. I can totally hop on your train of though. Question. When the Papa John's man showed up w/ 4 pizzas, what did your dad say?