Sunday, March 12, 2006

I LOVE DORKS.


The above is true. I have a shirt that says it. I wear it and am not ashamed (even though I am pretty sure I am the only girl that wears that shirt that does not also wear a training bra and a retainer.)

I realized this was really the case when I went to go see Failure To Launch last night with my gay date, John. There is a scene in the movie where Matthew McCaughnahey and his two friends are shirtless and sitting on surfboards in the middle of the ocean. I don't need to state the obvious that Matthew McCaughahey, whose character is a sailing enthusiast, is gorgeous and has a hot bod...and that his friend (who also played the dick boyfriend to Rachel McAdams in Wedding Crashers) is a pretty fine piece as well, bearing the mystique of being one of those outdoorsy chacco sandal wearing guys who always has a nalgene bottle on hand.

I must also mention that the third boy in questions has shaggy hair, a kind of goofy expression and is wearing zinc oxide sunscreen on his nose and a life jacket. His backstory is that he is an internet genius who never gets laid. Guess who I think is the most attractive??? Yep....the dork. [TANGENT:I conveniently left out that I think he was the retarded guy pictured above in Gigli....I don't know if that makes me case better or worse. Potentially worse, because I admitted that I saw Gigli and that I thought the mentally challenged guy was the hottest character.]

Exhibit B (okay the guy who played the retarded kid was exhibit A): I just got finished watching Grey's Anatomy. The show has a character whose nickname is Dr. McDreamy, yet I tend to go for George, who is inherently pathetic, lusting after Meridith for almost 2 seasons before he made his move. He also has the goofy look and shaggy hair (at least until today's episode) that seems to do it for me. What is wrong with me?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

first off, lemme just ask if you're aware that exhibit A also bears a striking resemblance to screech powers of saved by the bell, in a more attractive way. i agree, while i don't think he's the hottest, he is pretty damn cute! loved it, loved it, loved it. i highly recommend it!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kimmie! OMG...I totally love me some dorks, too! (I should get the t-shirt. hehe)

I had to see Failure To Launch twice the week that it came out...lol. While I loved the guy that lived in the basement and dated the bird-chic, the combo of Matt and Bradley put him in third place.

I've been out of the loop on your site for a little while, but I'm back...and LOVING IT! :)