Saturday, November 19, 2005




I would go black for KANYE!!!

So for some crazy reason, MTSU got Kanye West to come play at the Murphy Center. I know....bold choice right?? I didn't really want to pay $37 so I could look like a complete poser...I mean I know all the words to "Golddigger" (even though when I sing it, I say..."but I ain't messin with no broke tigger")and the beginnning of "through the wire" but who doesn't? But my lovely roomate, Angi, bought me a ticket for my birthday and we had a blast. I was also very impressed with Fantasia [TANGENT: I am an american idol nerd who obsesses over the episodes and is one of those people that hosts american idol night at the apartment so we can comment on Paulas coke habit and the ever pressence of chunky rings on male contestants] who sang a lot of covers, which was good news for me because I didn't know any of her songs. I am always a fan of cover songs for this reason. She did Dream On and Purple Rain. It was kick ass.

Then Kanye came out and I realized that I was in love with a black man...and his name was Kanye. [or as phillip calls him kayan and as MTSU calls him kayne.] he has all the qualities I am looking for: he detests BUSH, he is a snappy dresser, and he is kind of a smart ass. I found myself going buck, and I wasn't the only white girl doing so because, you see, Kanye unites the people.

ok...enough about that.. yesterday was my birthday. I started the day stressed as ever because I have my advertising plans book due monday. BUt I only turn 23 once, so I thought I would go out in style. We had a girls night of spaghetti factory and buffalo billiards. I didn't bring adequate clothes from Murf to Nash so i had to dress in full mary kate olson style and just pile on layers and hope for the best. [TANGENT: I had a really good time and love hanging out with my high school girls bc we know all the shit from the past, when we were pretty dorky and can respect where we are now. We also never seem to lose time which is nice. ] some highlights of the night included samantha finding hair in her sketti and having to stuff bread in her purse (which she later pulled out at buffalo billiards) so her intoxication would not be as severe; jessica and ty having a whose boobs are bigger contest (jess won); and assorted other hilarity that I didn't remmeber until I saw courtney's picture's online. I love my friends!!!

No comments: