Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What do the Gideons know about life??
Today me and Ty were leaving the KUC after our Tuesday/Thursday girls lunch and there were the everpresent pentecostal/amish kids in their bonnets and dresses that makes them look like characters out of "American Girl" books. Anyway, they were all handing out these handouts condemning people to hell if they had premarital sex. I tell this story to raise 2 points>>>>

Point One- Why do people never hand me flyers in front of the KUC?? It seems I never get handed flyers or gideon bibles or anything unless I know the people (the students, not the gideons...I don't forsee myself having a lot in common with the gideons...unless its gideon yago. meow!!). Perhaps it is because my hands are generally full of shit while driving a motorized vehicle or maybe it is because they fear interaction. Most people would be glad to not have another piece of trash but I sometimes would love to be at least invited to the foam parties at the Drink or the trashy rap showcase. Either way, it is an issue.

Point Two- Why the hell are little kids preaching to me about premarital sex?? This really irks me. No one should be judging or condemning anyone much less these homely children in bonnets. I just hate when people teach their kids to hate. It is perhaps my number one pet peave. (after of course UGG boots and people who have shitty taste in music) It makes me glad that I have really open minded parents!! I just think when you are young it is easy to live in a bubble of ignorance but their parents have no excuse to be acting so, for lack of a better term, retarded.

No comments: