Saturday, November 26, 2005

La Vie Boheme Demonbreun Style
So its Thanksgiving weekend so I am spending it at my parents house, keeping in mind that this will be the last time I will come home as a visitor. The dreaded moving back in with the family is a month away and I am scared that it will be steps backward for ol' kimmie.

Anyway I had a great Thanksgiving with the family and then yesterday I spent the day with Kristen and Kelly. We went and saw RENT bc God knows I enjoy a good musical. My only issue was there was too much singing in it. There were moments where I was like "Shit!!! just talk already!!" because in conversation rhyming isn't always necessary (unless you are friends with someone that enjoys speaking only is like sounding words) and it makes speech a lot more natural. Song and dance numbers are appropriate at some junctures but when a movie is only 5% talking, I take issue. this is not to say that I didn't love it...don't get me wrong. Drag queens, artsy people and gay boys. it sounds right up my alley...right?? And it was!

Anyway then myself, kristen, my sister, ty, court, courts boyfriend and his friends, and my brother went to Demonbreun for the evening. Thus continuing our tradition of the night out the day after thanksgiving. I refer to it as "RANDOM NIGHT" Last year I saw about 40% of my hs graduationg class at 2 doors down, shared some forced hellos, and then had some random hot MExi make out with me as we were forcing our way to the back of the Tin Roof. This year, I ran into this guy from summer camp that I used to have a crush on when I was about 15. It cracks me up that you can be moderately obsessed with someone and then it comes a day, when they just are not on your mind anymore. I assume this day happened about 7 years ago bc when he said hi to me at Dan McGuiness last night, I had no idea who he was. Then as I was sitting at the table drinking my beer, scrolling through the list of people built like him with big noses (which I am still a fan of to this day) and it hit me!! It was Ben...holy freakin hell! Contrary to popular belief between 1999 and now, I have met a lot of people. I felt bad so we called him over and caught up...i reckon I should have gotten his number so we could catch up further, but it didn't happen. He said they were going to meet up with us at the Tin Roof but it never happened....sigh....

whats worse, it made me feel worse about not having any plans after graduation. His twin brother, whom I also had a crush on, was gonna be an architect in LA and he was a writer in Atlanta. I have decided the job search needs to start now....I mean after I finish this ever important blog that is.... I mean why can't I just be a hapless bohemian who can't pay the rent living in the east village? Oh yeah then according to the movie, I would have to have AIDS or have all my friends die of aids...no dice!

No comments: