Thursday, January 05, 2006


I wanna be like DOG...
Like so many other recent nights, I was laying in bed at my parents house trying to find something to watch at 1 am besides infomercials and BET uncut. [TANGENT: I will have worked 40 hours this week selling disount gift sets and lotions to crazed Brentwoodians at the Semi Annual Sale] I fell upon a show which is strangely intriguing and captivating. The show I speak of: DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER. I had heard of this show but never watched it mainly because although I am a college graduate and consider myself intelligent, I had no clue what a bounty hunter was, and furthermore, why would I have an interest in their shananigans. After back to back episodes, I have learned that a bounty hunter is someone that seeks out bail jumpers, captures them and then heckles them all the way back to jail. Dog [which I believe is his given Christian name] and his wife are reason enough to watch it. They lead you to believe that people that live in Hawaii think that its 1990. It is not uncommon to see glorious bleach blonde mullets, mesh shirts, bike shorts or fingerless gloves on a given episode. It also kinda made me want to do this job...although it seemed white trashy, it seemed thrilling and kind of honorable. Although I have never changed my major and have known what I wanted to do since middle school, I often wish that I could do everything....yet I don't. The closest I have gotten is a job offer from a collection agency. I am not about to pursue a career in making people hate me. Its a lot easier to work in retail and just roll my eyes at small children stick their fingers in the eyeshadows and watch old ladies break perfume bottles!!

2 comments:

kc said...

I've never seen this show but I've seen Dog (seriously?) on Conan before, and that was funny. When does this come on? I love me some white trashy tv.

Justin W said...

Well Bounty Hunters and Repossession Agents -RePoMen

try to find people to pay their dues and either collect the person or property and return them to the owner or to jail.

and it is a pretty risky business as the felons who miss court .i.e jump bail or miss their car or property payments, are typically dangerous people, and tend to hide.

by the way, most jobs that have called me were 100%commiss. captive sales for life insurance and financial svcs. where you try to call people to meet you at the office or where you find them and convince them to buy your firm's products for universal life, mutual funds, etc. and you're on your own.

so i am still waiting..