Thursday, January 26, 2006

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE WEARING??

I went back and read over the last few posts and I look lame...like I don't do anything...which lately has been the case! Maybe I will redeem myself this weekend..if not surely next week. Ty and I are going to Chattanooga and that should make things better. Lately I have been very antsy and understimulated!

Ok so now I am prepared to make myself look lamer. Today I was observing the new fourteen year old girl uniform (which working at the mall I get to see in abundance): It consists of the following garmets:
  • DENIM MINI (preferably from Abercrombie)- true it may be roughly 20 degrees outside, but that seems like no reason not to bust out the chaunch-baring skirt, because fear not, her legs are covered with:
  • LEGGINGS! (yes I said leggings with a skirt and I am not referencing Stephanie Tanner's wardrobe on Full House)- It seems nonsensical but to them it makes sense
  • A POLO SHIRT- the popped collar is assumed
  • UGG BOOTS- furry or non furry, I am still aghast that these have not yet gone out of style, they are rivaled only in their ugliness by CROCS!!
  • A LOUIS VUITTON BAG- This angers me beyond belief because the same girls that that have a $250 bag thing 5/$30 for scent products is too high!

Leaving work today I thought, "surely girls my age didn't dress that bad."- but then I remembered when I was 14:

  • MAVI or SILVER JEANS- honestly I don't even think they make these anymore and if they do, they are probobly being sold at Target alongside Mossimo and Issac Mizrahi (I guess I was progressive in the late 90's, because I shopped at Target before all the big designers were there- either that or I was poor!)
  • GAP ANORAK- for some reason rain or shine these were always worn, I had two and was really proud of it, I wasn't like some girls who wore them every day, but they are scarcely seen now!
  • T-SHIRT- The t-shirts seemed pretty non decript then, a nice Gap pocket T or the classic "NO FEAR" or "JOE'S CRABSHACK-LOVE, PEACE, AND CRABS!" would be acceptable
  • TIMBERLAND HIKING BOOTS- I remember one day in my health class in 9th grade, I got bored and counted 0ver 15 pairs [this was after my health teacher (who I loved!) gave us a no smoking lecture when her clothes reaked of Camel Lights!- this led to my best friend telling to the class that her grandfather died of Lung Cancer to which the boy in front of her turned around and said, "Sucks for ya!"...she is still pissed about that to this day, only now SHE is a chain smoker!]...the boot could also be interchanged for the Adidas soccer sandal with white socks. Not a good look, but a frequently rocked look!

See..told ya that I have been lame lately

1 comment:

Courtney said...

okay, you just described my wardrobe freshman year. only i wore the anorak every day because i could not control my sweaty pits! ah, the plight of the pre-teen.