Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Today I was behind someone on the sidewalk for a couple blocks so I got bored and started reading her T-shirt...turns out it had my friend Will's name on it so I kept reading and it said "The Matt LeBlanc School of Music." I couldn't decide if it was one of those jokey Hot Topic shirts that I just wasn't getting or if Matt LeBlanc really did open a school of music. I am still slightly befuddled by this.

I spent the majority of the morning being jerked around by the lovely staff at Student Health (NO I DID NOT HAVE A UNEXPLAINABLE RASH DOWN SOUTH OR NEED A BROCHURE ON CONTRACEPTIVES). I actually needed a physical so I can start water aerobics tomorrow. I showed up at about 12:00 and they took me back and started taking vitals and then said, "you need an appointment, can you come back later." So even though they weren't doing anything but discussing the hurricane in New Orleans (apparently still water cooler fodder, as it should be) I had to come back 45 minutes later. I then came back and waited inside my room learning valuable lessons from the outdated posters on the walls like:

  • You cannot catch AIDS from a handshake or a doorknob.
  • "The only way to have safe sex is to have it within a faithful married relationship"- perhaps the wordiest abstinence slogan ever
  • How the pancreas looks and where it is located
  • 1o reasons to say no to smoking ("You don't have to smell like an ashtray!")

so anyway $10 and about 45 minutes later, I got the signature I desired and learned nothing new about my health status. Thank You MTSU student Health!!

No comments: