Tuesday, August 30, 2005


Hurricanes and Showtunes
Apparently there was a really big storm last night, this bitch named Katrina, and I slept right through it. I also slept right through 3 hours of storm coverage on the news tonight. [TANGENT:It gave me really messed up dreams that I was seeking shelter in a flea market that only sold Disney memorabilia...and I hid in this boiler room. Analyze that, Psych majors!! It inevitably has something to do with sex.] I am really blase about natural disasters, which I know is morally reprehensible of me, but I have never known anyone to die in one or be in one that caused thaere live to be horribly impacted. It is all kind of like a weird TV show to me. Sometimes the fact and the fiction is so blurred. It shouldn't be...I have lived through tornados before. I have watched the '97 Nashville tornado from my friends porch, the sky turning black, etc. I have driven through my neighborhood after the Christmas Eve tornado of 1988 seeing roofless houses and furniture strewn all over lawns. Still...I am not as emotional as I probobly should be....I am passive aggressive so I can't promise that I won't get pissed at natural disasters some day when I overdraft my bank account or run out of cokes.
On a completely different note, I have attended all my classes at least once, and the majority of them are complete bullshit, but it is the bullshit I have saved for my last semester. One of them being led by a nice Indian man named Raj who took his duty as a Computer Information Systems 101 teacher to discuss how we must live each day for the lord. I do however love my Movie Muicals class. I doubted the kind of people that would take this class...I was wagering 80% girl, 20% gay...give or take, but I was pleasantly surprised by the large quantity of seemingly hetero guys in the class. But being due to my high number of gay friends, I am a gay expert, or gayspert, as I like to call myself, I think I have come to some surprising conclusions:
  1. No wonder Judy Garland(pictured above) is a gay icon- she looks kind of like a transie (she also looks a bit like Elizabeth Perkins from BIG and The Flintstones.) with a little less testosterone.
  2. I also think Frank Sinatra is at least Bi. Blasphemy I know, but Hear me out. Previously the picture that sprang to mind was the mug shot that adorns far too many frat boy walls, you know ole womanizing Rat Packy Frank (below), BUT he did prance around New York with a trio of men in sailor suits singing about the hot tourist destinations and saying something like "girls in Manhatten wear Silk and wear satin"...who is he a Sex and the City stylist. (below)Just see him in "on the town" and get back to me.

No comments: