Saturday, August 13, 2005



So yesterday a group of us went out because Kristen was in town for the night. At Jessica and Ryan's request we to Guido's which would be a great little place to go to if people actually went there. Ambience- A+; Service-F; Ability to speak English coherently and take drink orders worth a damn- F. It was a Italian restaurant with an all asian staff. A bit of irony nestled in Thoroughbred Plaza. We were all certain an underground prostitution ring was being run out of the back because they kept disappearing. We then had to trek it to Dolans where there was one more than one group of people in Titans Jersies grinding to people singing kareoke. Apparently this is the status quo there. For being located next to a Food Lion, it was hoppin at 2 am on a friday.

Ty was also there after fighting with the fiancee so we knew she was really upset, we pumped her full of free drinks to ease the pain. Thats what friends are for. I also found out that she talked to the guy about joining the FBI. Apparently she just has to work with the TBI for a year or so because of her criminal justice degree, grades, and experience. I am so excited for her and hope that everything works out for her because I want my Ty to be a Charlie's Angel and run around in her hot pink suede boots fighting crime and lookin fierce!!

Today really didn't do much but sleep. Kelly came home for the weekend so I got to see her and we went shopping for some teacher clothes for her. They didn't have any apple sweaters or shirts with vests attached, so we had to settle for things she might actually where. I bought a wesern shirt because I thought for a native Nashvillian I lacked adequate western apparel. On my last day at MP&F, we walked by Trail West and I had the epiphone that I needed soemthing that screamed Nashville in my wardrobe. I mean if I were from Alaska, I would have a parka, right? or from Hawaii, I would have a Hawaiian shirt. (I can't think of any continental states that have stereotypical outfits.) I told my coworkers that I hadn't had anything cowboy since the horseback riding phase of 94 where I had the shoe boots, the electric blue cowboy hat, the bolo tie, and the cactus cowboy shirt. I was hot shit, jealous? I think my coworkers were frightened of me like they generally were when my mouth opened and words came out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've spent some time reading your info. I liked it very much. Good Luck!! PonyGirl