Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"I Don't Love you...I L-U-V you!!"- Laguna Beach's Talon
So I have been watching a lot of MTV reality TV since I have finished my internship. NO matter how hard I have tried to resist. I LOVE LAGUNA BEACH!! I know this show is about as fake as Love is in the Heir (I think I was the only human to watch that) but it pulls me in. It also makes me feel like I missed out on a lot in high school! I think I should have gone to Laguna, then maybe I could date a boy with a cool name...like Dieter or Talon!! (Oh wait, I was really unattractive for most of high school, so thats a negative.) In a way it reminds me of the kids I went to Brentwood with, except less eyeliner and there was definitely no one as hot as Jason at my school. (ok I realize that he is roughly 17 and I am nearly 23, but there is no denying that he is very easy on the eyes...points deducted for his huge bling blingin diamonds. Apparently huge diamond earrings are popular for boys in Laguna. hopefully that trend never reaches middle Tennessee) I think I am always drawn to shows where there are people with ungodly amounts of money and as a result act like spoiled dumbasses(Celebrity Cattle Drive, My Super Sweet 16, the OC, 90210, etc.) I blame it on being raised among wealthy people. (TANGENT: I respect people that have a lot of money, but don't flaunt it. example: my friend Jessica has an elevator in her house and fountains and shit in her pool. If I had this I think I would brag about it constantly. Hence why fate has NOT given me lots of money.She however is really cool about it because her parents have raised her properly;She has always had a job and is not above buying wine by the jug. MAD PROPS TO HER!
I have also gotten really into Entourage. The other day I watched 8 episodes in a row from season 2(GOD BLESS ON DEMAND!!!) Here are the reasons I recommend it!http://www.hbo.com/entourage/community/
  1. The guy from Drive Me Crazy (the kickass teen movie with Sabrina the teenage witch) is the main character, Vincent Chase! He is hot and further proves that working with Clarissa will get you far in the world. A shame it didn't work for Sam. I wonder where he is now!!
  2. THere are crazy celebrity cameos that shed new light on your favorite childhood stars. Ex:Bob Saget plays himself as Vince's neigbor. In a given episode he is shown taking hits off a bong in a house of ill repute, aka a whore house. Another episode features Ralph Maccio (of The Karate Kid and the Outsiders fame) and Pauly Shore. I know I am peaking your interest!
  3. Ari is awesome. He plays the agent and he is such an asshole, but always likes to "hug things out"
  4. It is produced by Mark Wahlberg....the brother of a New Kid...the former Calvin Klein Model...the leader of the Funky Bunch...what can't he do.

And now for my Reading Rainbow style recommendation:

Do you like hollywood? Do you like marijuana use? Do you like entourages? Well you are gonna love Entourage produced for HBO by Mark Wahlberg. In it a young star named Vince deals with the pressures of the business while surrounded by his entourage of boyhood friends. I recommend Entourage, but you don't have to take MY WORD FOR IT! da...dun...dun.

I am a sad, sad individual....

No comments: